||Book directly with us for our all-inclusive best value.
No hidden fees.
Consistently guest rated #2 on Tripadvisor and just a short walk to the plaza.
About the Inn
Santa Fe’s rich arts, culture, and history are what drew Joe Schepps to the city in the early 1970s. He was looking for a unique community where he could make an impact through historic preservation and philanthropy.
In the early 1980s, he purchased the site of the Inn on the Alameda with the desire to create a space with beautiful gardens, cozy rooms, and a place to showcase the best of Southwestern culture, hospitality, and relaxation. We’ve come to call this our Culture of Care.
At the Inn on the Alameda, we are like family, and that’s how we treat our guests. Our loyal staff has been with us for years and often develops friendships with our repeat guests. They are friendly, knowledgeable, and welcoming—and, truly care about you and giving you an authentic experience in Santa Fe.
The best of Santa Fe is just a short stroll from the Inn on the Alameda. We are in the heart of the city, just steps from the city’s best restaurants, galleries, and attractions.
Our Commitment to Santa Fe
The Inn on the Alameda has deep roots firmly planted in Santa Fe. We make a consistent and sincere effort to support the local institutions that make this historic city unique.
We always purchase from and support local businesses when possible, and the Inn’s management team is immersed in all sectors of the New Mexico lodging industry.
We support many Santa Fe arts organizations through donations and sponsorships, and make our meeting space available for groups. We work with local schools and charitable foundations through annual auctions and raffles. By including Newman’s Own organic coffee in our Deluxe Rooms and casitas, we also support its charitable efforts.
As a member of the Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce, we recognize and abide by the responsibilities of being a good neighbor, and an involved and ecologically sustainable citizen in our community, and we strive to honor that commitment.
Here are some of the organizations we have supported over the years:
- Acequia Madre School
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Art and Soul
- Aspen Santa Fe Ballet
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Bridging the Worlds Sanctuary
- Casa Angelica
- Challenge New Mexico
- Chaparral Elementary School
- Children, Youth and Family Services
- Christus St. Vincent’s Hospital Foundation
- Desert Academy
- Dine Car
- El Dorado Elementary School
- El Rancho de las Golondrinas
- Fine Arts for Children and Teens
- Food Depot Empty Bowls Project
- Garcia Street Club
- Girls, Inc.
- KANW Albuquerque-Santa Fe Public Radio
- KSFR Santa Fe Public Radio
- KUNM Albuquerque-Santa Fe Public Radio
- Lensic Center for the Performing Arts
- Little Earth School
- Little Forest Playschool
- National Dance Institute
- Nava Elementary School
- New Mexico Biopark
- New Mexico Library Association
- New Mexico Museum of Natural History
- New Mexico Nursing Excellence
- Popejoy Hall
- Presybterian Healthcare Foundation
- Rio Grande School
- Roadrunner Food Bank
- Santa Fe Adaptive Ski Program
- Santa Fe Animal Shelter & Humane Society
- Santa Fe Childrens’ Museum
- Santa Fe Concert Association
- Santa Fe Desert Chorale
- Santa Fe Farmers Market Institute
- Santa Fe High School PTC
- Santa Fe History Museum
- Santa Fe New Music Festival
- Santa Fe Opera
- Santa Fe Preparatory School
- Santa Fe Pro Musica
- Santa Fe Rape Crisis Center
- Santa Fe Symphony Orchestra and Chorus
- Santa Fe Watershed Association
- Santa Fe Youth Shelters
- Serenata of Santa Fe
- Sierra Club
- Spanish Colonial Arts Society
- St. Jude’s Children’s Reasearch Hospital
- Taos Festival of Trees
- Taos Land Trust
- TeamBuilders New Mexico
- United World College
- Villa Therese Clinic
- Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian
- Wood Gormley Elementary School
- Youth Development Inc.
Commitment to Green
With our location in the arid mountain-desert of the Southwest, the Inn has always been dedicated to sustainability. We adhere to eco-friendly environmental policies.
Our courtyard gardens are xeriscaped for low water usage, and plants have been selected for drought-tolerance, as well as beauty.
We adhere to the city of Santa Fe’s water conservation policies, which means that bed linens are changed every fourth night, and we encourage re-use of bath linens, if guests choose. The Inn’s laundry and cleaning products are bleach-free and non-allergenic, and recycling bins are located in the lobby area.